- Dress It Up button packs: Beauty and the Beast
- Glass dome with base. You may need to change whatever dome you find. We added a wood ball (painted gold) to the top of ours, and painted the base too.
- Fake open rose flower with stem.
- Sheet music. You can print out a specific song, or buy a decorative paper.
- Styrofoam ball. About 3” diameter.
- Green felt
- Gold paint
- Small wood disk. About 1 ½ – 2” in diameter. It will need to fit inside the center of your rose.
- Ruler, pencil, paintbrushes, scissors
- Serrated knife. A steak knife will work
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Nail clippers or wire snips
Change your glass dome if needed and let dry.
Paint your flat wood disk gold and let dry.
Trim out a few petals from the center of your flower until your gold disk fits. Glue in place.
Cut off one side of your Styrofoam ball with the steak knife. Do not go more than ½ way
Stick the end of your rose in the dome center. Make sure it fits under your dome. Trim off part of the stem unit it fits with at least 3” to the top.
Apply lots of hot glue to the hole in the foam ball. Hold the stem of the rose in place until it cools. Apply more glue if needed.
Glue the base of the Styrofoam ball to the center of the dome base. Use lots of glue and hold in place until it is secure
Cut triangles of green felt. Glue and overlap them on to the top of the Styrofoam ball until it is covered.
Cut a strip of your music sheet so that it fits around the base of the Styrofoam ball. Add another strip to the interior if you like.
Glue the circle of music together.
Glue Beauty and the Beast to the disk in the center of the rose. You will need to hold them in place until the glue cools. Apply more to the back of the button if needed to hold in place.
Snip the backs off additional buttons and glue to the strip of sheet music.
Drop a few loose petals from your rose and some glitter into the center before you cover with your dome.