- Dress It Up button packs: Dragon Tale (#8299 787117565997)
- Dress It Up button packs: In Your Own Words (8310 787117566109)
- Shield shaped wood plaque. Makers choice
- Small wood dowel
- Pack of craft wood strips
- Foam sheets in bright colors. We used blue, yellow, and red.
- Sharpie marker
- Nail clippers or wire snips
- Hot glue gun and sheets
- Pencil, scissors, paintbrushes
- Paints in the following colors:
- One bright color for the front X shape. (We used orange.)
Draw out your X shape in pencil on the front of the shield. Add any other shapes you would like.
Paint the shield in black and silver add in your choices of color for the shapes.
Paint your small dowel brown.
Draw out your flag shapes on your foam and cut out.
Write on the flags with your sharpie.
Add any other details you want to the shield with your sharpie.
Glue your flags to the dowel and then glue the dowel to your shield
Cut the backs off the dragons and word bubbles. Write inside the bubbles with your sharpie. Glue the buttons to the shield.
Cut one end of the long pieces of craft wood into a point. Paint silver.
Cut 2 equal sized pieces of wood for the hilt. Paint black.
Cut 2 equal sized pieces of wood for the top of the sword. Paint black
Glue the two hilt pieces of wood on either side of the flat end of your sword.
Glue the other 2 top pieces of wood on either side of your sword at the end of your hilt piece. They should form a T shape on each side.
Cut a strip of foam and wrap around the hilt. Glue in place.
Paint or use your sharpie to add any additional details
Glue your buttons on and glue the sword to the shield