- Dress It Up button packs: Heart of the Home (#8313 787117566130)
- Dress It Up button packs: Micro Mini round Heirloom (#4900 787117532005)
- Dress It Up button packs: Twinklers (#93 787117999235)
- Dress It Up button packs: Tiny Natural (#1567 787117305609)
- Extra large embroidery hoop. Use your bandanna to determine the size you will need.
- Embroidery floss and needles
- Bandana navy blue. Circle center design.
- Large sheet of felt cream
- Small piece of felt burgundy
- Strip of burlap or cotton textured fabric of your choice
- X-Acto knife
- Nail clippers or wire snips
- Scissors, pencil or felt tip pen
- Hot glue gun and sticks plus fabric glue
- Optional – small wood letters
- Optional – cotton batting. This makes the stitching on your cream felt more prominent.
Iron on your bandana to the interfacing
Cut around the pattern in the center of your bandana with your X-Acto knife and remove.
Print out and trace or hand draw your Initial on the burgundy felt. Cut out.
Make a strip of burlap or textured cotton fabric.
Lay your cream felt on the interior hoop ring. If you are using batting lay 2 layers down before the cream felt.
Lay your initial in the center of the cream fabric. Then your burlap, then the bandana. Use a small amount of glue to secure in place.
Stretch your layers inside the hoop and secure.
Trim off some of the excess around the edges.
Apply your decorative stitching to the monogram, burlap edges and anywhere else you want.
Use your fabric glue to secure the bandanna border.
Snip the backs off your buttons
Glue or stitch your buttons on the fabric. Glue your wood letters on if you are using them.
Roll your extra fabric around to the back of your hoop. Glue in place and trim off any extra.