- Dress It Up button packs: Grumpy
- Dress It Up button packs: Apple Appeal
- Dress It Up button packs: Feathered Friends
- Dress It Up button packs: Forest Babies
- Chalkboard paint
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Paintbrushes, pencil, scissors
- Paint in the following colors:
- Short dowel for stem
- For the leaf use one of the following options…..a thin piece of balsa wood, a thick piece of cardstock, a scrap piece of cardboard.
Copy the outer edge of your plaque for a stripe of red, a stripe of cream, and a stripe of gold. The interior shape will be for your blackboard. Make each layer as thick or thin as you wish.
Paint the interior of your plaque with the chalkboard paint. Then paint stripes gold, cream, and red. You may need to add multiple coats of paint.
On the outer edge of the plaque you can paint it red or create a pattern using your chalkboard and cream paint. Stripes or dots look great.
Apple Stem – Use a scrap piece of paper to make a blob of glue. Stick one end of your dowel into it and hold upright until it cools. This will be the TOP of your apple stem and should be the thickest. Continue adding layers of glue. Turn it upright from time to time so you can see how it will look on your plaque. Use your scissors to trim off any part you don’t like. Paint brown and let dry. If you do not like it after it is painted you can still change it.
Cut out your leaf shape and paint if needed.
Use your pencil to write your title and lines on your chalkboard. Use whatever font you like. Paint in gold.
Paint in any additional details.
Glue the thin end of your stem on to the top edge of your plaque. Touch up paint if needed.
Glue your leaf on to the top edge of the plaque and stem.
Snip the ends off your buttons and glue to your board.